Same-Day Air Conditioning Repairs in Bradenton, FL
In Florida, your air conditioning is a necessity, not a luxury. When you need AC repair in Bradenton, get in touch with Elite Heating & Air! In business for more than 30 years, we serve Sarasota and Manatee counties with same-day air conditioner repair and emergency services!
Signs That You Need an AC Repair
Even the best AC units will need repairing eventually. Routine maintenance is the best way to prevent the need for emergency repairs, but sometimes breakdowns still occur. As a homeowner, you should familiarize yourself with the signs of a faulty AC. It helps to know when you need to call for an AC repair. Watch for the following signs:
- AC is leaking (refrigerant or condensation) – When your evaporator coil cools warm air, it condenses air into water. This excess water usually accumulates in the drain pan and drains into the condensate drain line. But when your evaporator coil is dirty, your drain line will clog. This can cause a leak in the condensate drain line.
- AC is freezing over – If your air filter is dirty, your evaporator coil won’t get the airflow it needs, causing the evaporator coil to freeze over. You may notice melting water accumulating around the base of your AC unit.
- AC is making rattling or grinding sounds – All air conditioners make noise, but if you hear rattling or grinding sounds, it’s best to call an AC repair professional to ensure nothing’s loose or can cause further damage.
- AC won’t turn on or cycle on and off frequently – Short cycling is a cause of the compressor and happens for a number of reasons, including ice coils, a malfunctioning thermostat, or a unit that’s not the right size for your property.
- Airflow is inconsistent or weak – The most common cause for this issue is blocking your air vents with furniture. If your air vents aren’t obstructed and the airflow is weak, give us a call as it could be an issue with your unit.
- AC is blowing warm air – This is typically caused by an issue with your ducts, the compressor, or refrigerant may be low.
- Your energy bill is unusually high – This means you are losing cold air in your ducts or the unit is not operating at its best. The AC unit needs more inputs to achieve the same level of output.
Committed to High-Quality AC Repair Services in Bradenton, FL
Our name is Elite for a reason – we commit to providing top-notch, reliable services. Our Bradenton AC repair team prides itself on fast response times, honest service, and high-quality workmanship.
We have an A+ rating with both Angie’s List and the Better Business Bureau. We are a Daikin Comfort Pro dealer, which means we exceed the brand’s exceptionally high standards for technical competency, customer service, and business integrity. When you’re in need of AC repair services in Bradenton & Sarasota, look no further than Elite Heating & Air.
What Are the Regional and Commercial HVAC Equipment Testing Standards?
Effective January 1, 2023, the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) will update its efficiency and testing standards for residential and commercial HVAC equipment. All regulatory changes will differ by product type and region. Since the updated standards will result in price increases across all HVAC contractors, now is the time to buy the equipment you need for your home or business.
The minimum efficiency standards for residential and commercial air conditioners and heat pumps manufactured after January 1, 2023, will increase. This change will increase production efficiency and national energy savings while decreasing national energy consumption.
Northern U.S. & Canada
All split-system air conditioners, split-system heat pumps, and packaged units manufactured after January 1, 2023, must meet the updated standards. However, split-system air conditioners, split-system heat pumps, and packaged units manufactured before January 1, 2023, can be installed indefinitely. The efficiency rating for air conditioners will increase from 13 SEER to 15 SEER in these regions.
Split-system air conditioners manufactured before January 1, 2023, can’t be installed once the updated standards take effect. All installations of products that don’t meet the new standards must be completed by December 31, 2022. However, split-system heat pumps, single-packaged air conditioners, and single-packaged heat pumps manufactured after January 1, 2023, can be installed indefinitely. The efficiency rating for air conditioners will increase from 14 SEER to 15 SEER in both the Southwest and Southeast regions.
In addition to higher minimum efficiency standards, the M1 testing procedures used for residential and 3 to 5-ton light commercial, single-phase equipment manufactured on or after January 1, 2023, will increase. This change will produce more accurate SEER, EER, and HSPF efficiency ratings. Manufacturers will be required to re-test equipment using the new M1 Standard requirements as well as publish equipment efficiency ratings using the new efficiency metrics of SEER2, EER2, and HSPF2.